Why Choose Food Starter?
Operated by a not-for-profit board, Food Starter focuses on helping early-stage food processors commercialize and scale the development of their food products. Food Starter builds great food businesses!
With an emphasis on baked goods, hot and cold fill products and confectionery items for both traditional and ethnic markets, Food Starter provides access to a provincially inspected food production facility that offers shared food production and packaging equipment, business advisory services and structured training to help companies scale and grow their food processing businesses.
With Food Starter’s support, resources and industry connections, food entrepreneurs are more likely to activate their products and be successful in commercializing their food ambitions.
Advantages & Benefits of working with Food Starter:
- Access to shared production and packaging equipment
- Access to expert advisers and industry insiders to help you solve problems unique to your business
- Training in all facets of starting and growing a food processing business – from selling to retailers and developing your production line, to implementing systems and building a solid business model to finding funding and setting up your own food plant
- Mentoring from food sector experts and experienced entrepreneurs
- Hands-on assistance to help food entrepreneurs bring their products to life and achieve market success
- Accelerator rental spaces available for businesses who need a step between incubation and moving into their own plant